Smart Home technology raises high expectations in regard to its impact on the energy and utility industry, environment, business operations and in general the quality of people’s lives. In fact, this emerging technology combined with the development of the Internet of Things, efficient Big Data application, new generation of intelligent assistants and smart materials promise fundamental change in the way even the basic things work.
Digiteum continues to increase expertise in the field and contributes to this important change. Currently, the team is working on a set of IoT projects for a US-based company (the name of the project, origin, business and technical details are NDA-protected). Together, we are developing an IoT solution for electricity consumption monitoring and remote control, big data analytics and proactive and predictive approach to power supply and consumption strategy.
This is a complex system for households, utility companies, electric suppliers and energy consumption and conservation researchers. This solution allows to transform the way people use electricity and electrical devices, enhance the capabilities of utility companies and provide researchers with massive data on energy consumption that allows to make data-driven power usage decisions and elaborate forward looking consumption and conservation strategy.
The system consists of a set of technological and infrastructure solutions that allow:
to remotely control household’s electric facilities, automate control and configuration of energy consumption, calculate power consumption cost in real time and predict further spending, improve household’s security and detect potentially dangerous anomalies in the operation of electric appliances.
- electricity suppliers and utility companies
to perform smart energy consumption monitoring, analytics, visualization and reporting, identify devices remotely, create and adjust utility plans, detect abnormalities and enable remote utility control according to demand response pricing programs.
- power consumption and reservation researchers
to leverage big data analytics on energy consumption and identify trends and usage patterns, create and propose data-driven strategy on energy-saving consumption and forward looking conservation activities.
- Automated electricity consumption monitoring and analytics.
- Remote control of electric facilities, automated calculation of cost.
- Electronic device recognition based on machine learning.
- Automated control and configuration of energy supply.
- Big data collection, analytics, visualization and reporting.
- Identification of usage patterns and energy consumption trends.
- Detection of abnormalities and dangerous operation of electric appliances.
- Improved security and prevention of overloads and malfunctions.