Teaching people new skills, be it translating everyday tasks to people with special needs and learning difficulties, employee onboarding or introducing new products and processes, requires time and effort.
How Do I? team dedicated itself to make learning accessible and convenient for people with different capabilities. The company relies on mobile technology and delivers video-enabled digital tools to enhance learning process. This initiative is particularly important for people who require special support handling simple tasks – people who suffer from mental illness or brain injury, people with dementia, autism and other categories of users with additional needs.
In cooperation with BAM Mobile, Digiteum designed and developed How Do I? app for Android and iOS that implements the company’s initiative and puts easy instruction videos literally into everyone’s hands.
How Do I? is based on an assistive technology. It teaches life and vocational skills in an innovative way. Using recognition technology, the app scans and identifies NFC stickers placed on certain objects and shows contextual instructional videos on how to use these objects or perform operations with them.
Thanks to video content, How Do I? app improves learning capabilities and helps users acquire and strengthen their skills. Most importantly, it supports the users with learning difficulties and helps them handle everyday tasks, such as making a cup of tea, folding clothes, operating home appliance or using ATM.
How Do I? app is an indispensable assistive technology tool for people with additional needs – those suffering from brain injury, memory loss or different types of mental disorders – dyslexia, autism, dementia, other conditions that cause learning difficulties. Not only does it help handle simple everyday tasks and make important steps for independence. Easy access to video tutorials extends their job opportunities and capabilities for self-reliant living.
Moreover, simple interface and gamification features encourage How Do I? users to keep learning, challenge themselves, overcome cognitive and memory difficulties, enhance self-confidence and improve the quality of their lives.
- Android and iOS app for people with additional needs – those suffering from brain injury, memory loss or different types of mental disorders – dyslexia, autism, dementia, other conditions that cause learning difficulties.
- NFC-enabled video tutorial platform that helps users get new skills and manage everyday tasks.
- Mobile tool that enables more independent, self-reliant lives for people with learning difficulties.
- Simple app to teach vocational skills to people with special needs and extend their job opportunities.
- *Awarded a Recognition Award in Nesta’s Inclusive Technology Prize.*
- *Chosen as 1 of 10 services in the world to work with IKEA through the IKEA Bootcamp programme.*